Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch

To: james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch
From: "a-l@xxxxxxx" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 17:04:30 -0700

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:23:11 -0700
"Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > You should keep track
> > of 10 (7?) levels internally. Achieving Elite would then require 10
> > successful checks (minimum 10 victories).
>
> I wouldn't call that levels. Rather, "number of successful checks required
> for new level". Those are different, and should be handled differently.

Yes, levels was the wrong word.

> You mean barracks + Sun Tzu = +2 levels, or not?

Oh, no just that neither barracks nor suntzu ever affect something that
is already veteran (1 level).

Btw, I just found out that Civ3 has only Normal, Veteran, Elite.
Beyond Elite, there's a chance of a named leader emerging. It could
be fun to assign a leader to an "army" to increase all army members'
strength - and limit the number of possible members. I think some
other related game has that. It'd be fun to have Napoleon, if the
translators want to come up with historical names.

Arnstein