Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch
From: "James" <james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 07:11:13 -0700

> Finally, there is the question of displaying veteran status. I hope
> Raimar's mapdecorations patch can solve this. I don't think we need to
> wait for it, though. It can be fixed afterwards.
>
>   - Per

I've made the changes that were requested.

Also, it is now possible to see the veteran status of units for isotrident.
I added Roman numerals to the isotrident tiles.png file and updated the
tiles.spec file appropriately.
Veteran status for enemy units is not displayed.

If this is fine then I can ammend the trident graphics also.

Also doing this gave me an idea, what about the possibility of allowing a
player to see other players' units veteran status if he/she has an embasy
with that player?  Alternatively, how about diplomats and spies can "Get
Military Information" from a city which means that all the military units
with that city as home have visible veteran status?  It would give a good
strategic advantage if you could get this intelligence before going to war
with that player.

Feedback is welcome,
James

--
The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!