Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Speeding Up Games

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Speeding Up Games
From: Łukasz Rekucki <lucas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 23:12:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:

> On Thu, 1 May 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> I still think Alpha Centauri was the finest of all the Civ games. The only
> major problem it had was the sterile techtree because you couldn't relate with
> the techs.

  Some time aftet SMAC Firaxis released an add-on called 'Alien Crossfire'
which fetured two alien races with capability of choosing specific techs.

> The governments were also nice. It added some more variety to the
> gameplay. But all of these were just icing.
>
> The good gameplay changes in SMAC IMHO were the diplomatic model, borders,
> worklists, units display.

I liked the best that you could build cities on water. It was pure fun
(after forcing the planetary council to rise ocean level) to watch all
your enemies drown ;). I think that's the thing that should be added.

> ---
> Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa @ Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa

Łukasz Rekucki