Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Speeding Up Games

To: Łukasz Rekucki <lucas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Speeding Up Games
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:26:18 +0100

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:12:19PM +0200, Łukasz Rekucki wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2003, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
> > The good gameplay changes in SMAC IMHO were the diplomatic model, borders,
> > worklists, units display.
>
> I liked the best that you could build cities on water. It was pure fun
> (after forcing the planetary council to rise ocean level) to watch all
> your enemies drown ;). I think that's the thing that should be added.

It's fairly trivial to allow oceanic cities. In fact, FreecivAC
(http://freecivac.sf.net/) allows this already. (It does borders too,
BTW.) The cities look a bit weird though - the graphics need some work. ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same