Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Speeding Up Games

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Speeding Up Games
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 17:25:56 +0200

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 01:23:41PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Thomas Strub wrote:
> > The player/alliance with the highest prod/eco/mil-power/techlead
> > can ask if all other want to give up. When all the others say ok. The
> > gameends with an allied victory for them. The AI should only agree when
> > the power from all but the ally and the players who have surrendered is
> > much smaller then the power of the winning players.

MOO2 had the senate. All players get votes according to their current
powers. If you can get 2/3 of the total votes you win the (diplomacy)
victory. This voting occurs every 20-30 turns IIRC. The AIs will then
threated you that you vote for them or they "crush your little
empire". Haha.

If someone got the 2/3 majority and it wasn't you you were asked if
you accept. If you say no the new elected leader gets all planets and
ships of the others. The others drop out. So you than fight against
the combined forces of 3 or 5 players.

This could be adapted to freeciv. In the freeciv version you would get
the question "do you accept foobar's ruling" only if you have voted
against him. In this case the supporting players form an alliance and
you and the others who don't accept it have to fight. The alliance
should be unbreakable.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "If at first you don't succeed... well so much for skydiving."