Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] MAX_COMBINATIONS?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] MAX_COMBINATIONS?
From: "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:24:32 -0500

So, I'm running 1.13.0 (can't upgrade for the moment), and I figured it
was time I bit the bullet and tried to figure out this CMA thing.  So, I
try, I end turn, my client crashes, and I get this:

---
1: Warning: there are currently 98 out of 100 combinations used
1: Warning: there are currently 99 out of 100 combinations used
1: Warning: there are currently 100 out of 100 combinations used
0: No more free combinations left. You may increase MAX_COMBINATIONS or
Current MAX_COMBINATIONS=100
---

OK, I found MAX_COMBINATIONS in client/agents/cma_core.c and bumped it up
to 1000, and it seems to be working.  I'm curious as to what exactly it's
combining, though; a glance over the code doesn't seem too enlightening.
What limit am I hitting here?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx