Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator

To: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:03:14 -0700

There were two versions, dif_00 contains the code to do a full
reread of the savegame which I never really got to work as the
game load is embedded and not really modular. But one could
presumably change it to longjmp back up to the start once it
had a savegame to read, if working through the details got too
cumbersome. Reading the full game in means you could use this
as a game selector as well as just a map generator.

The second dif_01 just reads in the new map generation stuff.
There are potential sanity checks that should be done here to
make sure the map read back corresponds to the right game. It
works fine using the standalone mapgenerator that was also in
the drop.

Enjoy,
RossW
=====

P.S. You seem to have read even less than I thought in spite of
      weeks of promises :-(.