Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client/server authentication (PR#1767)

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client/server authentication (PR#1767)
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:53:36 -0800

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 07:19:40AM -0800, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:20:18AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > Your auto-attach solution is no good. You assume that the usual case is
> > that there are X users and Y players where X == Y and all X want to play.
> > That assumption is not warranted.
>
> No that is not my assumption. My assumption is that the usual case is that
> there are X users and all X want to play. The number of players has nothing
> to do with it. Creating AI players or using aifill has no impact on this.

Usuall is that from 10 players 8 want to play and 2 to watch. And in
some games we had more spectators than players. And as spectator you
sometimes wants to have more information. Especially when watching a
teamgame or duell, (who has more/which techs).

And sometimes there are people who come late and want to see the rest of
the game to say the players that they want to play another game or enjoy
the big battles.

> Is this not warranted? I want a testimonial. remember that this only
> matters for pregame.
>
> In the full scheme, we have A,B,C,D,E connections and only A,B,C want to
> play. D,E want to observe A,B:
>
> > attach A
> > attach B
> > attach C
> > obs D A
> > obs E B
> > start

What about people who come later?

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wenn Du nicht programmieren kannst und Dir für Arbeit zu schade bist: