Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Performace of path-finding (PR#2370)

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Performace of path-finding (PR#2370)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:52:21 +0100

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:48:21PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > Same here. These numbers are too good. We have to compare the MC of
> > the tiles. And check the number of iterations.

A direct comparsions shows that maxcost needs to be increased. Also

          if (is_ground_unit(punit)) {
            really_generate_warmap(pcity, punit, LAND_MOVING);
          }
needs to be changed to
          if (is_ground_unit(punit)) {
            really_generate_warmap(NULL, punit, LAND_MOVING);
          }

Sometimes the results are of by one move point. Explorers show
different results by a factor of 3.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Last year, out in California, at a PC users group, there was a demo of