Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3666) Disasters idea

To: MpoloN7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3666) Disasters idea
From: "Greg Wooledge" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:18:31 -0800

MpoloN7@xxxxxxxxxxxx (MpoloN7@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I was thinking about how the AH Civilization board game had various disasters
> that could befall your civilization. Similarly, SimCity had them. I think
> that it could be a great addition to FreeCiv as well.

The original Sid Meier's Civilization (Civ1) had them as well.  They
were removed in Civ2.  Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri has them, but they
can be switched off.

In most multiplayer SMAC games, they're switched off because they're
deemed to be too unpleasant and unfair.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |