Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3594) viking.ruleset

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3594) viking.ruleset
From: "Ragnar Ouchterlony" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 04:50:34 -0800

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
> I've updated viking.ruleset with natural city names, and added some
> cities and leaders.
> Any comments?
>
> Does anyone know if the leader "Rollo" actually existed?
> It doesn't sound like a viking ruler at all..
>
> Andreas Røsdal

I must say that this doesn't look like a Viking nation, but rather like a
Norwegian nation.

If it really is the historical Vikings that should be in this nation, then
modern Norwegian prime ministers such as Jens Stoltenberg and Bondevik
shouldn't be there at all. Also, there should be Viking cities and rulers
from the Vikings that went to the east (into Russia and Constantinople and
even farther east) and not only from the Norwegian parts of Scandinavia.

/Ragnar Ouchterlony