[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3424) New flush code soplited in 2 parts

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3424) New flush code soplited in 2 parts
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:53:33 -0800

Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:50:59PM -0800, Rafa? Bursig wrote:
>
> why can't the non-sdl guis also do the deferred flushing? I.e. save
> the info and only flush at flush_rects just like gui-sdl? This would
> make the code more homogeneous.

Works for me.  However there are some drawing bugs (see 2982) that may
cause problems for the flushing method.  Also it takes a lot of code to
do in independently for each GUI; I had thought to introduce a set of
common functions to do this in a second patch (if it is done at all).

However, the situation with update_map_canvas_visible (where we don't
call dirty_all even though it seems we should) makes me think that all
clients should do the flush-buffering.  My next question, then, is: does
this flush-buffering code need to go into the GUI, or can there just be
one implementation in mapview_common?

jason