[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion: myth about freeciv

To: Andreas Røsdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion: myth about freeciv
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:35:44 +0100

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:49:04PM +0100, Andreas Røsdal wrote:
> Hello!
> I've been experimenting with scrolling "The Freeciv Myth"
> on the introscreen.  The result, myth.tar.bz2
> is uploaded to incoming.
>
> The patch is for Cvs of today.
> myth.png goes in data/misc
>
> I programmed this is learn more GTK programming,
> so although the patch compiles/works, it might contain bugs  :)
> Any feedback is appreciated.

It doesn't compile. At least if some stricter options (like "-Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Werror) are used.

I fixed this. Now I got an access for index -1 on the myth array. The
assert I inserted triggered. Also note that the use of _() in
freeciv_myth isn't portable: only constants are allowed in
initializers.

> I couldn't get textwrapping to work in GTK (it works in GTK 2.0),
> that would improve the patch a lot.

Did you tried common/shared:wordwrap_string?

Did you wrote the text?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  This customer comes into the computer store. "I'm looking for a mystery