[Freeciv-Dev] Re: monochromatic Freeciv (was: (PR#2455) dead functions i

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: monochromatic Freeciv (was: (PR#2455) dead functions in GUI interface)
From: "Reinier Post via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 04:35:51 -0800

> > There is a b&w tileset - does anyone manage to actually play with it?
>
> I've used it on my color display :-).  But not for very long, just
> enough to see if it would load.  It claims to be out-of-date (as do the
> dwp, classic, and brunus (IIRC) tilesets), but most of these work for
> me.
>
> jason

Yes, this seems to have been a problem with my test setup.
Possibly related to the fact that some Freeciv variants need extra
graphics.  (Teamciv needs a marker, at least one modpack needs tiles
for new unit types).  But I haven't established what the exact problem was.
Also, new graphics get added in newer versions now and then.
I don't know what happens if you use a tileset that doesn't have
a particular graphic.  For unit types the rulesets can list a fallback,
but what if there is no fallback?  (E.g. for the marker sprite in Teamciv.)

--
Reinier