[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2455) dead functions in GUI interface

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2455) dead functions in GUI interface
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 02:34:37 -0800

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:34:31PM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 21:11, Jason Short via RT wrote:
> >
> > [rfalke - Wed Dec 18 13:38:01 2002]:

> > > This should stay. It can/should be called from common code.
> >
> > Sounds good.
>
> Actually this isn't as easy as it seems.
>
> Only GTK and GTK-2.0 clients implement this function.  Most of the
> others could use it, though.
>
> But this function corresponds to init_color_system.  Currently both
> functions are called in ui_main().  So, they should both instead be
> called from main().  But this isn't easy under all GUIs since it changes
> the order in which functions are called.  In GTK and GTK-2.0, I believe
> it will mean moving some initialization code up into ui_init(), which is
> otherwise empty.

Maybe we could do it in tilespec_load_tiles but this is ugly.

Looks like we have to leave it in its current state and maybe remove
init_color_system and free_color_system from
client/include/colors_g.h.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "How about the new language C&? No, that's not 'c ampersand', 'c reference',