Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rendering maps as single images

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rendering maps as single images
From: Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Sep 2002 12:08:20 -0400

Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> xv shows the same limitation. Next non-freeciv step is IMHO to use
> the virtual resolution of the X11 server.

My video card ran out of memory before even reaching 2048x1536.  And
there is another, bigger problem: in isometric mode (I want a picture
of my map using the IsoTrident tiles), the FreeCiv server seems to
refuse to let me see the whole map at once - it insists on keeping the
"bottom" edge of the map close enough to the lower-left corner of the
window that corners inevitably get cut off.

Is the FreeCiv internal logic currently fairly closed?  Are there no
scripting hooks through which the renderer could be directly accessed?

--
Brandon Craig Rhodes   brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://rhodesmill.org/brandon