Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rendering maps as single images

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rendering maps as single images
From: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:23:12 -0500

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Why not just make the freeciv window really big (larger than your
screen) and use GIMP's window-capture option?  It may not be the most
elegant or scriptable, but it works.

This was actually my first thought, but on my system the GIMP will
only grab the part of the window that lies on the screen - making the
window larger by dragging its corner across my virtual desktop just
results in part of the window getting cut off.

Have you tried xwd? It may end up having the same limitation (maybe GIMP uses xwd?), but maybe not.

  jdorje:~/foo$ xwd > map.dump
     <click on a window>
  jdorje:~/foo$ convert map.dump map.png

jason