Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: submarines

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: submarines
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 11:56:40 -0400

 Per I. Mathisen [08/09/2002 11:38] dijo/said:
>Submarines are useless. Let's fix that.
>
>diff -u -r1.38 units.ruleset
>[...]
> transport_cap = 8

IIUC, a submarine can transport 8 units?!?!?!

I still have trouble accepting the fact that different land units have
the same "weight" (i.e., you can load into a transport 8 warriors or 8
howitzers just the same), but to give a submarine the transport
capability is simply too much.

Since we're at it, in my Mare Infinitus modpack, I'm toying with
incorporating EKRANOPLANS into the game: FAST sea units, with good
attack but weak defense, and with big transport capabilities. When I get
to actually implement everything (ah, the lack of time) from my rather
complete notes, I'll see how do they integrate into the game.