Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New ruleset (Synched) (PR#1804)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New ruleset (Synched) (PR#1804)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:43:04 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 12:05:53PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:01:13AM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:23:44PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> >
> > > I have added the "history" ruleset. I would like to apply your patch
> > > on this. Can you mail me a summary of the changes you have made?
> > >
> > >   Raimar
> >
> > I don't think this should go into CVS yet.
>
> Why not? I have no problem to add this patch and another one in a
> week. IMHO this is required to get something starting.

Freeciv CVS used to be the place where stable developments would go
after everybody agreed on them.  And many developments that qualify
don't even make it in.  Bobby Bryant's modpack, for example, which
has existed for years, never made it in.  The "history" tech tree
doesn't even exist yet!

> However if you have problems because the patch is wrong in some parts
> please state so.

No, and it's not a big deal, but it makes me wonder about your policy
concerning CVS.

--
Reinier