Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New ruleset (Synched) (PR#1804)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New ruleset (Synched) (PR#1804)
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:30:27 +0200

On 2002-08-15 13:01:18, Reinier Post wrote:

> > > Freeciv CVS used to be the place where stable developments would go
> > > after everybody agreed on them.  And many developments that qualify
> > > don't even make it in.  Bobby Bryant's modpack, for example, which
> > > has existed for years, never made it in.  The "history" tech tree
> > > doesn't even exist yet!
> >
> > But there was enough discussion that showed interest. It is also more
> > "natural" to have a educational more single-player ruleset and a
> > balanced more multi-player ruleset than an Ancient modpack.
>
> Definitely, I think it would be very good to have the history ruleset.
> But I also think it should only have gone into CVS once it is finished
> and well-tested, just like everything else that goes in is supposed to be.

Whether everything is supposed to be finished and well-tested before it
goes into cvs is not a given... I certainly don't think it should be and
there has certainly been a good number of opinions voiced on this topic
over the years...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)