Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: At endyear map in not displayed (PR#1883)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: At endyear map in not displayed (PR#1883)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:40:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> As well known, 1.13.0 release and further development code (1.13.1-devel)
> doesn't display the full world map at the end of a game.

Yes, this looks unintentional.

Note that you can cheat with this feature, however:

Connect as player A.
Fire up another client. Connect it as player Z. (If anyone asks about
your IP, say you are on a local net or behind a proxy with someone. Or
you can use an IP bouncer.)
Game starts.
As Z, die. You now see entire map and can conquer more easily with A.

But, you can do the same with posing-as-human AI clients or (much easier)
posing-as-enemy-real-life-friends ganging up on everyone else, so it isn't
something we can guarantee the game against anyway, I suppose...

Yours
Per