Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Hard to disable esd (PR#1880)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Hard to disable esd (PR#1880)
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:30:18 -0700 (PDT)

>Full_Name: Scott Emery
>Version: 1.12.4

----------^^^^^^
This is an obsolete beta release!

>Client: Both (or N/A)
>OS: IRIX 6.5
>Submission from: (NULL) (66.218.47.11)
>

>I have ESD loaded on my build machine, but I want to build a client for
>a machine which does not have ESD loaded on it.  I have had a rough
>time figuring out how to disable ESD. I will work it out, but there
>should be a configure flag which disables ESD builds no matter whether
>it is loaded or not.

This problem, has already been issued and solved, as 12 Jun 2001, you
found a CVS entry:

Wed Jun 12 01:21:41 PDT 2002  Per I. Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>

freeciv Makefile.am configure.ac configure.in
freeciv/m4 sound.m4

Move sound tests into separate macro so that the code is shared between
autoconf versions. Also add --disable-esd, --disable-sdl-mixer and
--disable-winmm switches to allow disabling sound plugins selectively.

Patch by me. Thanks to Davide for testing and Raimar for proof-reading.

Unfortunately, 1.12.4 beta is built from cvs code of 11 June 2002, thus
the fix to your problem is not included.

I suggest to download 1.13.0 stable code or 1.13.1-devel code and try to
run the --disable-esd configure option.
To my knowledge, it will work and compile without esd even if esd is
properly configured on the machine.

        Ciao, Davide