Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: At endyear map in not displayed (PR#1883)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: At endyear map in not displayed (PR#1883)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> This and the no-chatline-during-nation-selection bug is fixed by the
> attached second version of the POPS/POPF patch.

> So the name of the packets should be changed from
> PACKET_OTHER_PROCESSING_STARTED and PACKET_OTHER_PROCESSING_FINISHED
> to PACKET_FREEZE_HINT and PACKET_THAW_HINT. The emphasis is on
> HINT. These packets mark a set of other packets which are send out
> within a small timeframe and may contain inconsistent data.

I still don't like this, but it is probably a necessary evil. At least
document these new packets properly somewhere and explain why they are
needed, so that people who read the code in the future and wonder what the
%)"#(¤= this POPS/POPF (or PFH/PTH whatever) thing is, can manage to make
sense of it.

I don't understand why PACKET_START_TURN and CLIENT_GAME_OVER_STATE are
now supposedly useless.

Yours
Per