[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cygwin audio

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cygwin audio
From: swamp-dog@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Guy Harrison)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:39:23 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:06:51 +0200, Andreas Kemnade
<akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Per I Mathisen writes:
> > On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Guy Harrison wrote:
> > > I'll try locate some mixer sourcecode tomorrow. If I can locate
> > > something GPL'ish even better.
> >
> > SDL_mixer is available for Windows. Should work. Just download sdl.dll and
> > sdl_mixer.dll from libsdl.org and include them in the windows distro...?
> >
>I also need the development files (headers and librariers to link
>against). Since I don't find them on www.libsdl.org, I think I have to
>rebuild the stuff from source.

Main SDL downloads...
http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

Mixer downloads...
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/

>sdl_mixer depends on sdl. I think it is a bit silly to include a whole
>graphics library just for mixing sound.
>SDL has development files for download. But I also have to be able to
>build it.
>SDL depends on DirectX. I have not tried to install the development
>files for DirectX yet.

Ditto. SDL does build though. No DX headers or libs here either, just
DX3 as is installed by whichever service-pack. The build notes its
absence then continues. Nothing else to report atm, this was mainly to
let you know the links.

Oh, SDL 'configure' with no options for cygwin yields a mingw
automatically (and an sdl-config with -mno-cygwin within it).

--
swamp-dog@xxxxxxxxxxxx