[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cygwin audio

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cygwin audio
From: swamp-dog@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Guy Harrison)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:12:35 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:58:45 +0200 (MEST), Per I Mathisen
<per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Guy Harrison wrote:
>> I'll try locate some mixer sourcecode tomorrow. If I can locate
>> something GPL'ish even better.
>
>SDL_mixer is available for Windows. Should work. Just download sdl.dll and
>sdl_mixer.dll from libsdl.org and include them in the windows distro...?

Thanks. Just tried those DLLs with C++ Builder and results are good. I
had to fudge some preparatory stuff but nevertheless:

a) The audio_sdl.c code pasted into Builder worked.
b) Simultaneous sounds were played.

This is windows "sdl" not "winmm" any more of course, so 'configure'
will need something to cater for that.

I'm about to tweek civclient to use them and play for bit. If that goes
ok then it'll be time to ensure the sources will build.

--
swamp-dog@xxxxxxxxxxxx