[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bombers dying (PR#1532)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bombers dying (PR#1532)
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:17:14 -0400

I suspect it is not so much leaving the city that is the problem,
but moving out of fuel range.

Personally, I'd like it if a dialog popped up when I attempted to
move out of fuel range. After I dismissed it (and not by an auto-
repeat move), I could continue on my suicide mission.

This could be an optional preference (i.e. triggering a dialog
action), so those that like to find out this the hard way can
lose units without being bothered by the alerts.

Cheers,
RossW
=====

At 09:14 AM 02/06/06 -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 06:04:29AM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
>>     > How about asking for confirmation before moving a bomber out of a
city
>>     > when it has less than its full supply of movement points?
>>
>>     I think asking for a confirmation each time you leave a city is very
bad,
>>     I'd be annoyed.
[...]