[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bombers dying (PR#1532)

To: rms@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bombers dying (PR#1532)
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:26:54 +0200

rms@xxxxxxx wrote:

Often I tell a bomber to Go To a city in a region where fighting is
going on.  It typically takes several turns to reach there.  There are
typically a number of bombers in that region.  I am giving orders to
several bombers there each term.

When a bomber appears there as the focus unit, and I see it is
undamaged, I tend to move it straightaway to the attack.  Occasionally
it turns out to be a bomber that had on a Go To to that city, and has
just a few movement points left.  I notice that fact when the bomber
refuses to move any further after just a few squares.  Then I have
wasted a turn in using that bomber for an attack.

Occasionally the bomber had travelled more than 8 squares to reach
that city, and it runs out of fuel and dies.

Of course, I keep reminding myself to check the available movement of
a bomber before moving it.  But this is not natural to do.  In effect,
the current interface is error-prone.

How about asking for confirmation before moving a bomber out of a city
when it has less than its full supply of movement points?

   Or just finish that turn for that bomber...