[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artillery and sea units (PR#1476)
From: Martins Untals <M.Untals@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:32:58 +0300

> Another effect that would be nice is for faster ships to backoff when
> they get to a certain hitpoint level. Thus the smaller ships would
> not necessarily die, but just be crippled by the slower battleship in
> the main battle.

i am not keen with sea strategy, but i thought about inventing
'reatreatchance' option as oposit to current 'occupychance'
i hate sending my units to die without chance of surviving. i would like em to
retreat if they have mp and free hex where to retreet.
this could be modified by order flag and/or if they are in cities (u dont want
guards to retreet from cities :)  and so.
when retreeting and having to avaiable hex to retreet to, unit would choose one
with friendly unit or city if there is one.

just an idea.