[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problems connecting to the Metaserver

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problems connecting to the Metaserver
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 03:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > I'm behind a HTTP proxy. I've taken the steps outlined under how to
> > connect if you're using a HTTP proxy in the README. It hasn't worked.
> > The proxy I'm using has automatic, not manual configuration. Mozilla
> > works fine, but not Freeciv. Any ideas as to how I can work around
> > this? Does Freeciv actually support automatic proxy configuration?
>
> AFAIK, no. How does "automatic proxy configuration" work in Unix? I've
> seen the lynx docu explain how to set proper proxy environment variables,
> and I suppose those are general and can be used by us as well.

It doesn't work in Unix at all, as far as I can tell. Per, I've read the info
document on lynx. I'm none the wiser. Can you send me further information?
Note: I have to send a password/username to use the proxy, after logging on
with the same username/password in ppp.

Is anyone here familiar with the Mozilla source? Which files have the their
automatic proxy handling code?

> Yours,
> Per
>
> "As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
> continued getting in the way and dying as a
> result." -- New York Times, April 21

Aloha,
RK.

I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were
wearing masks for.
                -- James Boren