[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 02:24:19 +0200

On 2002-05-17 08:42:55, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> --- "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > > Isotrident is not a good choice for the default tileset of Freeciv. It
> > doesn't bring the eyecandy factor to Freeciv. Or as Thue put it, "My brother
> > thought Freeciv was ugly. So I added Isometric view". In the same spirit,
> > don't use Isotrident as the default tileset. I would prefer for there to be
> > Freeciv poll on the issue on the best default tileset.
> >
> > Finally someone who agrees with me :)
>
> :). You already knew that. I have to confess, the only reason I want a poll is
> that I'm certain of the result. I doubt anyone shares Raimar/Mike's taste in
> graphics. New users like eyecandy.

I like eyecandy... I just happen to think that isotrident looks good...
In some ways I think isotrident looks better than civ2...
But I have no problem with a vote and going with the winner...
I know how to use a non-default tileset... :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)