[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident

To: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Getting rid of Isotrident
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:01:48 +0200

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:23:05PM -0400, Jason Short wrote:
> Raimar Falke wrote:

> >>Actually, I would love to do so.
>
> > And/or add a tileset selection to the new game startup. Case
> > closed. Problem solved.
>
> Well, that would solve this problem.  But there are still the other
> problems:
>
> - Which tilesets to distribute with the main code?
>
> - How to distribute other tilesets?

The ideal solution would be an automatic (the client retrieves a list
and if the user wishes installs the tileset) or a semi-automatic (a
shell script with wget/lynx and tar) solution. Especially the
semi-automatic should be possible. Either it will download all or the
user selects the tilesets to download.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Many of my assistants were fans of Tolkien, who wrote 'Lord of the Rings'