[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Magellans

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Magellans
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:20:44 +0200

> --- Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > > Hi Per. I'm opposed to the change to Magellan. The current method is fine
> > > as far as I am concerned.

I'm opposed to it, too.

> > But Magellan is extreme! Giving one civ permanent monopoly on supercharged
> > ships is quite absurd.

The standard answer would be to create a new building,
the Dockyard, and make Magellan's act like a Dockyard in every city.
This can be balanced by making Dockyards expensive.

> > It is without doubt the single most powerful wonder
> > in the game. Please reconsider.
> >
> > And if you disagree, please explain why on freeciv-dev, so that others may
> > voice their thoughts on the matter...

Attacking boats have become less powerful by making attack strength and
movement points depend on each other.  Magellan's no longer seems the
killer wonder to me now.

--
Reinier