[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Make get_city_*_bonus public

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Make get_city_*_bonus public
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:43:59 +0100

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 09:51:14PM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> --- Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     Seems pretty reasonable to me, at this level of simulation, though.
> > A real-life university isn't much use without a library, for example.
>
> Really? I've noticed most universities don't really depend on libraries, they
> tend to have their own very extensive collection. It's certainly not the case
> that banks rely on marketplaces, or mfg plants on factories.

        I said "at this level of simulation". I'm assuming that a
Freeciv University uses a Freeciv Library, rather than incorporating its
own, hence the dependency. Obviously the simulation is incomplete; after all,
you can't build schools to teach your citizens to read in the first place...

        As far as banks go, a significant proportion (most?) of their
dealings are with corporations. At this level of simulation, I'm assuming
that corporations are represented by the Marketplace. And so on.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"The dog did nothing in the night-time." "That was the curious