[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#1375)

To: Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#1375)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:57:34 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:27:03AM +0200, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 04:35:52AM +0200, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> > > I also tried the newest autoconf (2.53): It does not run.
> > >
> > > It's docs say there was a major design change after 2.13
> > > and include an extra section about upgrading from 2.13.
> > >
> > > IMHO the script should be updated to become usable for autoconf 2.50+
> > > because I don't think it's acceptable for most users to downgrade their
> > > autoconf to a "buggy design" version.
>
> > Changing the script for 2.50+ is (major) work. It seem that Per is the
> > only one who can make this at the moment. My opinion is that the vast
> > majority of the installed versions are 2.13 (for example no Redhat
> > version includes the new one). So we are not completely misguided.
>
> I believe you're wrong: 2.13 was published at Jan, 1999. There were 4
> newer versions published after it...

But Redhat hasn't included it. Maybe because the new version don't
work with the old config files?

> > What linux distribution do you have? Or do you have a non-linux OS?
>
> SuSE 8.0 (since last weekend). It includes autoconf 2.52 (which I used
> before). This morning I updated my autoconf to 2.53...

Suse includes version 2.52 since 7.3 (Nov 2001).

Debian potato has the old one. Sid and woody have both old and new.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "At the beginning of the week, we sealed ten BSD programmers