[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#1375)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#1375)
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:39:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 01:39:03AM -0700, Per I Mathisen wrote:
> RedHat seem to be dragging their feet. I believe the other distros have
> gone over to 2.52 some time ago already. Debian ships with both versions,
> and automagically uses the right version (I don't know how).
>
> When I think about it, the right thing to do might be to supply two
> versions of configure.in, say
>       configure.ac-2.13
>       configure.ac-2.52
> and then let autogen.sh use the one that works (or maybe supply an
> autogen.sh-2.52 too). I can quickly make a version for 2.52 as long as
> nobody expects it work for the Xaw client on non-linux architectures
> (which is where all the pain is).

        MacOS X 10.1 still has autoconf 2.13.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'Finally, the Navy stated that [...] "However, use of the area as a live
fire range has the beneficial effect of reducing the negative impacts of
human intrusion."' - Center For Biological Diversity v Pirie and Rumsfeld