[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#1375)

To: Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#1375)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:29:58 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 04:35:52AM +0200, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> Raimar,
>
> I also tried the newest autoconf (2.53): It does not run.
>
> It's docs say there was a major design change after 2.13
> and include an extra section about upgrading from 2.13.
>
> IMHO the script should be updated to become usable for autoconf 2.50+
> because I don't think it's acceptable for most users to downgrade their
> autoconf to a "buggy design" version.

Changing the script for 2.50+ is (major) work. It seem that Per is the
only one who can make this at the moment. My opinion is that the vast
majority of the installed versions are 2.13 (for example no Redhat
version includes the new one). So we are not completely misguided.

What linux distribution do you have? Or do you have a non-linux OS?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day.