[Freeciv-Dev] Re: server/settlers.c cleanup 3

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: server/settlers.c cleanup 3
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:12:29 -0400

At 05:16 PM 02/04/13 -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:

>I've had a long argument with Raimar about this. Good luck to you Per. I
fully
>agreed with the old patch, and I agree with your current approach as well. I
>think the ridiculous extremes the Freeciv code goes to to avoid floating
point
>is pointless.

Wait until your program dies consistently storing its float value back into
an int. Mixing the two properly is very hard to do, moreso when most
programmers never really used floating point and don't understand it.

Amortize, and some of those screwball overflow functions will probably
get most freeciv games this way somewhere in the endgame play.