[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ 2

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 100% Civ 2
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:03:47 -0400

At 05:35 AM 02/04/13 -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>I'm planning to make Freeciv completely rule for rule compatible with Civ 2.
>I want to know what is currently not implemented. As far as I know:
>
>1.) Fundamentalism

Ther is something that came out at one point. I have (I think) full
Fundametalist units, and gov't sections in my rulesets. There is a
comment about incompleteness, but when it was incomplete is anybodies
guess.

>2.) Supply and demand trade system
>3.) Double movement/production for multiplayer
>4.) Waste (Corruption for shields)

This is the (complete) base implementation for civ2 rules (it is an exact
mimic of corruption :-). Needs an if(civ2flag) test.

common/city.c
  pcity->corruption = city_corruption(pcity, pcity->trade_prod);
  pcity->trade_prod -= pcity->corruption;

  /* TODO: Civ2 rules check */
  pcity->shield_waste = city_corruption(pcity, pcity->shield_prod);
  pcity->shield_prod -= pcity->shield_waste;

Of course most of the work is doing the GUI displays to add teh extra
info and damaged pictures.