[Freeciv-Dev] server/settlers.c cleanup 3

To: <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] server/settlers.c cleanup 3
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 00:08:27 +0200 (MEST)

Oh, well. I thought I was finished with this stupid file for now, but some
more things kept annoying me, so I took yet another look at it. This new
patch is the result.

I took out and shot the utterly braindead is_ok_city_spot, which, after
Syela rewrote this part of the code, is now only used for determining
whether to give cities or settlers from huts. Replaced it with
city_desirability.

I also added some much needed documentation on the minimap (as Thue
request so long ago...) and updated lots of other comments. Added a FIXME
for a minimap bug. Also replaced some magic numbers with defines.

This patch has grown so much it needs independent review and testing.
Please help out.

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)