[Freeciv-Dev] Re: server/settlers.c cleanup 3

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: server/settlers.c cleanup 3
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:57:19 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> So you want to add a mort parameter or a global mort variable?!

I want pplayer->patience (or pplayer->mortification).

This set in the beginning of the turn, based on city loss (don't build
larger than life stuff when our life is rapidly coming towards an end)
game.turn (don't build wonders on turn 3), and on end year/space race
arrival (the benefit of long-term solutions closer to endyear/arrival
should be much less).

> Why is FLT_EPSILON needed?

I have no idea. I just did copy&paste and tested it. Should I try some
test with it removed?

> BTW: In another project we came to the result that double was faster
> than float.

I'll test that.

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)