[Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick and dirty autogen.sh patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick and dirty autogen.sh patch
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:34:01 -0400 (AST)

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Question to the freeciv-dev readers: what autoconf to you use?

Situation dependent, because "big money" and "political interests" and
such tend to promptly destroy any that actually look promising. Presently
using whatever RedHat's "up2date" decides to download. Do we control
"up2date" or write our own? Typically I resolve such issues by going as
direct to the author as I can for each component, if the author is an
ally. If the author is not an ally, then their product becomes yet another
wheel that 'we' have to reinvent.

BB
MM