[Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick and dirty autogen.sh patch

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick and dirty autogen.sh patch
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:39:53 +0200

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:26:11PM +0100, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> This is a patch that adds autogen.sh to freeciv sources and splits up all
> the included macros and put them in an m4/ directory. Seems to work fine.
>
> Testers/opinions wanted.

Can you explain the task of libtoolize. What does it take and what
files does it produce/update?

Is it correct that there is no standard way of constructing an
autogen.sh? Have you created your version by yourself or copied from
elsewhere?

Since the autogen.sh has an option it should also have an "--help" and
"-h" to publish that fact.

Do we need libtool check?

Can you remove the pkg-config check?

I'm for always removing config.cache.

Please remove CONFIGURE_OPT.

Is it correct that with this patch applied we can remove acinclude.m4
from the CVS tree? What about other files? aclocal.m4?

Should we take this opportunity and also remove configure? This would
mean that we add the autoconf and automake as dependencies for CVS
developers.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a