Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch 3: ai passive diplomacy + alliances fixes (PR#12

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch 3: ai passive diplomacy + alliances fixes (PR#1277)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:18:53 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Great. I never knew about the range effect. I thought it was only city
> specific.
> Could be good for SAM aircraft defence as well.

SAM is not ranged, though.

> > Actually, I thought that would be a nice feature. My city is in unrest,
> > and you have three mech inf standing outside... "Can you please squash
> > that rebellion for me, Raahul?" :)
> >

> I could ;). OK, you've won me over.

Good :)

> > > Yes it does. I demand to know how unit->ai.charge can be both city and
> > > unit
> > id.
> >
> > That puzzled me to no ends as well. It cannot possibly be correct.
>
> Can you look it up? Maybe this is a bug.

Not now.

> OK. We won't want to make a habit of this. I can see human players exploiting
> AI's by stationing a 2-3 move unit, and after the AI has softened up the
> defenders, sneaking in and taking the city at no risk to themselves.

Hell, my friends do that all the time. It is hardly a problem unique to
AIs ;) Actually, I think the AI is attacking so chaotic that nobody is
going to be tailing it for exploitation of opportunities. (Besides, you
don't know how many other units are stacked in that city.)

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli