Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Cleanup of attack power calculations

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Cleanup of attack power calculations
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:44:40 -0800 (PST)

--- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
> > I do not see why. If you attack that turn with that unit, it's attack power
> > is indeed lower if it has fractional move points.
>
> I give up. I don't know what you want.

Don't worry. I am fine with the current behaviour of the code. It's just that
the old comment which you got rid of was probably wrong.

> > > base_get_attack_power is called by base_unit_belligerence_primitive is
> > > called by unit_belligerence_basic with moves_left=SINGLE_MOVE. This
> > > means that in base_get_attack_power the reduction isn't made.
> > >

> > That is exactly why I hate wrapper functions.
>
> Better than the current mess.

True. I preferred the names you suggested in the email to Mike, but that
can be another patch.

> > > In kill_something_with?
> >
> > He's hit a lot more functions than that. Most of the alphabet soup has the
> > same meaning except for m which normally means move_type. I'm going to
> sleep.
> > It's 1 am here.
>
> Is there a patch somewhere?

At the bottom of Petr's emails, there is his website.I can't find the link to
his web CVS access. I'll ask Petr to send in his changes.

I'm hoping you'll fix the problems uncovered in your next patch. I'm going to
see if I can archive all the problems mentioned.