Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: == NULL && != NULL

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: == NULL && != NULL
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:27:21 +0100

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 01:15:40AM +0000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:

> Why the extra cruft?

For the same reason as the previous s/0/NULL/ change: to make it explicit.

> Is it to make the new lint happy?

Yes. And to allow other changes like the introduction of bool types.

> It isn't necessary according to the ANSI C spec.

Correct.

> Wasn't there any switch to disable it?

Yes there is one.

> I can live with it, but its annoying.

About bool types: I will commit today or tomorrow a patch which
changes 0 to FALSE and 1 to TRUE. But this will only be the first
step. The next step is the introduction of an type bool. Comments?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format. After