Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Richard Hartmann <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:29:17 -0600

I've put a new civworld patch in incoming.

here's a short excerpt from the README:

Feb 10:
* new feature: you can replace one type of special with another in
  massmover
* new feature: you can now get and save scripts in "server" format
  (-r scripts) as well as "savefile" format
* rewrote GRAND_SCHEME_OF_THINGS. it is now TODO.civworld
* civworld is integrated _much_ more tightly into the client. even
  semi-minor cvs changes to the client will probably cause civworld
  to not apply cleanly. in return, the patch is 200k lighter :)

  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this last one is an attempt to show what I think is necessary for
any hope of civworld finding itself in CVS. I've attempted to touch as
little as possible in the non-civworld directories. Most of the
additions are #ifdefs

maintainers: I would much appreciate it if you make changes to
client/{climisc.c, control.c, options.c} or gui-gtk/{chatline.c, citydlg.c,
dialogs.c, gui_main.c, mapctrl.c, mapview.c} to make check that civworld
applies cleanly, and send me a patch if it doesn't.

I have attached TODO.civworld for perusal...as always, anyone is
certainly welcome to tackle any of the projects outlined in the TODO (or
any projects not outlined). If you're interested, let me know.

-mike