[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CSS was: Re: auto settlers rework

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CSS was: Re: auto settlers rework
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:13:14 +0100

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:22:46AM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:44:34PM -0500, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> >
> > In such a system, the strategies and techniques would be developed by a
> > large number of imaginative minds more concerned with the practical
> > results of producing winning strategies. While the more rigorous ones
> > could work at developing the framework to manage or efficiently exploit
> > the various possibilities.

Sounds really good :-)

> Possible. My model is a bit different. Everything which can be
> computed in a straighforward and deterministic way is computed. For
> the rest (the SMA can for example not assess the value of a fortress)
> the agent allows external requests with have to have artificial
> benefits attached.

I differ slightly here. This straightforward computing is hell cpu
intensive. And the CMA is not deterministic. Just go and change the
global rates forth and back and see how the city output differs.
It can't be deterministic, because it only looks at a single city.
It *should* look at the "whole game", but that is impossible.

If we had a structure somehow as Ross describes, so that I can ask
the SMA "what would you do?" and then decide on myself (That means
the script decides, not the agents), there would be more possibilities
to integrate the SMA ai into the real world.

But I'll be patient, and I don't pretend to be able to contribute to
this.

> In my testing (cities produce only settlers and all settlers were put
> under the SMA) the SMA performed quite good. And the integration of
> the settler time should make it even better. We may should make a
> comparison of an server-AI and the SMA which the constrains (cities
> produce only settlers, all settlers were put under the auto-settler
> and no enemy).

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *