[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CSS was: Re: auto settlers rework

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CSS was: Re: auto settlers rework
From: Cyrill von Planta <pla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:42:50 +0100

Raimar Falke wrote:

> > The time horizon is not linear. Things I can achieve (points I can get)
> > earlier in the game are more valueable than things I get later.

> As little interaction as possible. I would prefer to add another
> layer/agent on top of these which changed the weights according to
> some algo. But I agree it should be possible to add extra city
> depending weights.

just an idea:
this algo could be temporal difference learning. this algorithm doesn't
require a completely correct or complete (freeciv)world model to learn
"good" weights.  this means it could probably do meaningfull actions
without too much computation.
it also incorporates the concept of a discounted sum of future rewards.

cyrill