[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CSS was: Re: auto settlers rework

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CSS was: Re: auto settlers rework
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:12:15 +0100

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 09:28:33PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:36:09PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 07:04:38PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > >
> > > [On strategies for Settler Management Agents]
> >
> > Agents won't have to be written in C. But the basic agents we discuss
> > now (CMA, SMA, goto agent, exploring agent,...) have to be written in
> > C or would else need a 10GHz CPU.
>
> So can I have easy control over the agents with a set of C functions?

Agents are split into the core (the algo) and a frontend (for the
human user). If you can call the C function of the core methods you
can control them. And you will even have more power since not all
flexibility of the core is handled by the frontend. Wait till the CMA
is in and then look at the interface.

        Raimar
--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  reality.sys corrupt. Reboot Universe? (y,n,q)