[Freeciv-Dev] Coding Style Guidelines

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Coding Style Guidelines
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 00:17:14 -0600

attached is what I propose to be put in CVS. Hopefully this will start
the last major thread on this subject. I welcome feedback.

There are a couple of things that need to be discussed:

I did not put this into the guideline:

/***********************************
 * 3: comments in code (see also 9:)
 ***********************************/

/* A */
int foo3a(int x)
{
  x = 3;    /* assign 3 to x */
}

/* B */
int foo3b(int x)
{
  /* assign 3 to x */
  x = 3;
}

because there is some level of contradiction between this and what
people wanted in the Comments in declarations. Do people still think that A is
unacceptable here? My opinion is that A is fine anytime you can fit it on a
single line.

There is one thing not open for debate: that is C++ style comments.
Don't bother. We've already had that thread.

-mike